This recipe is a crowd pleaser! It is moist and delicious, and easy to make. Recipe is by Elise Bauer from Simply Recipes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes Yield: Makes one loaf
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet)
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Optional- Cinnamon, Nuts, Chocolate morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 *F (175*C) and butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350*F (175*C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.